A 120-volt timer relay is a part that is designed to start a machine after a certain period of time. It is widely used for NC equipment and hydraulically driven devices. It can either be built-in or be installed afterward. The most useful thing about the product is that it is possible to program the part as you need.
Features and Benefits
Each 120-volt time delay relay has its own characteristics. Still, there are common features. These include:
- An adjustable timer. It means that a user can change over delay;
- The maximum current is 10 A. This indicator is 1 mA in inactive condition;
- The good is equipped with extra terminals;
- The “Power supply backstop” function allows users to avoid damages.
The main benefit that the time delay relay for 120v provides is the opportunity to reset the period before the part starts functioning. It is not the only benefit of the product. It consumes little electricity. As a result, this allows saving money for natural resources cost. A typical application of relays is in production plants and units. Although the good is energy-efficient, it can control machinery and equipment that consume a lot of electricity. These include furnaces, heaters, all sorts of motor systems, etc.
Testing time delay relays
The easiest way to test the device is to apply a 120-volt power source. You can use a laboratory autotransformer to generate this voltage. Put a light bulb with a power source on normally open (NO) contacts. Wait for the light to switch on. If it doesn’t work, then it serves as an alarm that something is wrong. Instead of the bulb, you can use a stroboscope paying attention to its flashes.
Another way to test the product is also possible:
- The first thing to do is to find the necessary terminals.
- Connect a power source to their inputs. There should be a clicking sound. This will indicate that the working cycle is active.
- Still, it is advisable to reassure to provide safety to an operation unit. You’ll need an ohmmeter. NC and CO terminals are the subjects of checking. Their readings should be the same. Otherwise, the part should be removed.
Clients will find different types of timer relay for 120v in our online shop Partzstop. The catalog comprises goods of the leading producers in this industry. All parts are retailed with the necessary documents and certificates. If you have any problems with choosing a suitable good and making an online purchase, you’re welcome to our support team.