When you have a lot of repair works around house, you need a versatile solution. This is why professionals recommend to buy adjustable wrench: with this instrument at hands, you can fix almost any connection without the need to search for additional tools.
Adjustable wrench is a tool used for fixing connections: setting them up or removing screws. As a rule, wrenches have a certain size to fix the screws of particular diameter. When it comes to adjusting models, the diameter can be controlled and set up manually by changing the distance between clamps.
Such instruments are available in several variations:
- Crescent models;
- Milwaukee (one of the most reliable and expensive options);
- Simple individual models;
- Sets of wrenches (not a widespread option since one model replaces several).
They will save you a lot of time and money since there’s no need to search for a suitable size of a wrench – an adjustable model is easily regulated and ensures the same tight grip as usual ones.
How to select a perfect model?
Whenever you’re in search of a reliable model, it’s important to mind a few details:
- Make sure the handle isn’t slippery – ideally, it should have some kind of rubber cover;
- The surface should better be phosphate. Ideal polishing makes it inconvenient;
- Make sure the weight is optimal enough: you need something in the middle between heavy steel and light aluminum;
- Look at maximum opening: it may vary from 13 to 30 mm;
- Attention to length: if you’re going to work in hard-to-reach spots, take models with longer handle, if the space is restricted, take a short one.
Adjustable wrench is a must in any toolbox! Need help with choice? Don’t hesitate to contact our assistants – they’re always glad to consult customers.