Air conditioner filters are the key replaceable component of any HVAC system. After installation, these filters can remove pollen, dander, spores of mold, dust, allergens from the airflow. These filters maintain a consistent purity through the air. Filters can vary by size, type, and material, but their function and purpose will always remain the same.
Types of home AC filters
- Fiberglass is replaceable and cost-efficient, but their filtering quality is low, and they last ~30 days. They are not recommended to be used in houses where residents have asthma or allergies.
- Pleated are great for removing pollen from the air. If you buy an AC filter with thick pleats – not only do they perform better, but they last ~ 90 days.
- Washable models cost the most, but they don’t require a replacement – instead, wash and dry the model thoroughly to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.
- HEPA is the best choice for both residential and commercial buildings since they remove up to 99.8% of all air contaminants. If you buy AC HEPA filters online, you can forget about air-pollutants that may affect allergies or other breathing issues.
- UV models provide additional protection against viruses and mold.
Also, if you plan to buy an ac filter in a store, checks the MERV rating for indicates the quality and potency of the air purifier. MERV 8 are basic ones and should be used in a home where no one smokes; no pets occupy the premises, and where no one has allergies or other breathing issues. MERV 11 filtration level indicates that pollen, pet dander, dust, and microscopic particles can be easily removed from the premises. But if you need the highest quality of air purification, you must order AC filters MERV 13 type online: they remove the dirt from the air and promote the purest form of air.
What to consider when you order AC filters online?
When in search of a suitable option, pay attention to sizes – there are tons of different sizes. You should know not only the dimensions of the conditioner slot (width & length) but also the thickness of the material. Practically all models go by the nominal size, and if you don’t know whether they will fit, you can round dimensions up to the nearest inch appropriately.
How often should dust collectors be changed? The models 1-4” thick should be replaced once every 90 days. If you buy HEPA air conditioner filters online, note that they may last up to 6 months. In the circumstances that you have people with allergies/respiratory issues, small kids living in the house, or have pets; replacements should be done more often. All in all, dust and bacteria collect quickly and promote respiratory diseases. Henceforth it is crucial that you pay attention to your dust collector and change it appropriately.
If you are wondering, “Where can I find an air conditioner filter store near me?” stop your search – you have found the perfect shop. Here at PartZstop, we have tons of models from various conditioner brands that support all needs, and we keep our prices not only efficient but appropriate for you. All you have to do is check out our catalog!