Being an essential part of any electric system, circuit breakers prove to be highly useful to prevent fires and damages caused by various faults. This is a versatile multi-functional solution that can be integrated in residential and industrial HVAC systems for reliable protection.
What are HVAC circuit breakers? This is an electric switching device that performs three basic functions: monitoring, switching, and defense. The whole idea behind such gadget is to stop the electricity flow to prevent equipment from damage because of an unsafe level of electricity. It can be caused by short circuits, overloading, and other related issues. Once the switch is activated, its moving part is triggered to break the joined elements where electricity is flowing.
Additionally, such systems may be equipped with alarms, measuring and metering function, remote connection to PC or smartphone.
Types and benefits
Circuit breakers can be divided into various categories according to multiple aspects. For example, there are oil, air blast, vacuum, air break, Sulphur, and minimum models – it depends on the principle of action. Depending on the capacity, they can be single-pole (used in homes, compatible with 120V systems), or double-pole (used rather in industrial mechanisms).
Also, breakers can be:
- GFCI. They cease the power transmission when there’s current overload and an unwanted connection between it and a grounded component appears. They are recommended for appliances that run 24/7 (medical equipment, refrigerators, air conditioners).
- AFCI. Such gadget prevents electrical discharge in wiring, which causes the risk of fire and short circuit. It can be used anywhere, and is recommended to be installed in places where a lot of wiring is laid.
What are the advantages of circuit breakers?
- This is a must-have for the safety in residential, public, and industrial places – such unit prevents fires, short circuits, explosions, etc.
- It’s relatively cheap but allows saving boatloads of money in a long run.
- Most models are versatile, and it’s not hard to find a suitable option.
- They can be installed in any room and come with protective cases, so the risk of malfunctioning is quite low.
Check the whole range of models in our comprehensive catalog and address our customer support team to get professional assistance. We’ll help you discover a suitable device to fir your requirements and budget.