Having your HVAC unit broken in the middle of a hot day is at least frustrating – your home will feel like an oven. How to prevent such situations? Use AC condenser fan motor. PartzStop offers reliable and efficient models from the industry leading manufacturers: they guarantee faultless work.
What is a Condenser Fan Motor?
This is an element of HVAC unit that’s usually installed outdoors. A condenser motor has a great effect on the comfort since it allows to optimize the cooling cycle and boosting its capacity. The production of cool air is increased by sucking it from outdoors and emitting heat.
Yet, it should be noted that it’s not enough to simply install an air conditioner condenser fan motor – it requires proper maintenance. Over time, it can collect dust and debris, and wear over. That results in the poor air flow, warmer environment, increased energy consumption.
What does an AC condenser motor do?
In its essence, condenser acts like a heat exchanger in HVAC. It works by turning gas in liquid state. Subsequently, refrigerating agent goes to the coil, then to evaporating unit. There’s its turned into a gas, and the process goes over.
When the motor is located near the condensing unit, it’s usually defended by a mesh or cover against dust and impurities. As hot gas passes through the coil, the motor activates fan blades, and the air is blown over the coil which triggers the process of gas becoming water. During this process, the latent heat is eliminated.
Why can air conditioner fan motor overheat and how to prevent it?
As it has been mentioned, an AC fan motor may collect dust and debris which degrades the quality of its work and might have a negative impact on the efficiency. Besides, it can overheat when functioning at the highest speed for a long time.
How to prolong the service life of a AC condenser motor?
- Protect it against impurities, or clean the equipment from time to time. Do not forget to lubricate the motor.
- Install a smart home system or automate the HVAC system. If it works in a correct mode and only when required, it will save you a lot of electricity, not mentioning that it’s safer for the equipment.
- If you hear any strange sounds or noise emitted by the motor, make sure to perform troubleshooting.
- Use the properly sized motor. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure that the motor fits the system perfectly. Otherwise, the unit can get damaged easily, or the air flow will be inefficient.
- Install it in the correct position. If fan blades rotate in a wrong direction, you risk warming up the air indoors, or simply have the equipment decayed.
- Prevent overamping. It usually happens because of incorrect installation of start run capacitor or wrong size of fan blade. Replacement of blades/capacitor solves this issue.
Need a reliable and efficient device? PartzStop offers agreeable condenser fan motor price combined with exceptional quality. Check our catalog and contact us to get professional recommendations.