When performing repair works with electric and electronic items, many professionals use a digital multimeter. This versatile tool allows reaching maximum efficiency and ultimate safety. It’s important to find a truly efficient and precise instrument – handling with electricity is not where you can allow yourself to make mistakes.
PartzStop offers a rich choice of appliances for different purposes. We partner with the most reliable manufacturers and strive to enlarge our assortment.
To put it simply, digital meter is an instrument that serves to measure electric values (Volts, Amp, Ohm). Such tool is widely applied by technical specialists in the electronic industry. They are highly valued for the ability to ensure better accuracy, higher value of impedance, and ultimate reliability.
As a rule, such device consists of:
- Main unit with a display;
- Dial or a switch for selecting the primary type of measure;
- Input jacks.
When in search of a worthy model, you should pay attention to a few crucial aspects: the quality of insulation, type and number of batteries used (they define the time of charge), types of measures taken, precision, and general design because it defines the convenience of exploitation.
How to use multimeter?
There are many occasions when such a device will come in handy. It can serve for:
- Estimation of the battery charge. Plug the jacks and apply their tips to the battery’s + and - terminals.
- Checking electrical outlets. The jacks are put inside and the user checks voltage. It must be somewhere around the normal 120 V value.
- Checking wall switch. In this case, the meter’s jacks are applied on brass screw terminals.
- Testing of extension cords. Red jack is put into a small hole in female cord. The black jack gets connected with the male cord. The values are taken to check resistance.
There are many cases when such device might be useful. The main principle of functioning is to apply jacks to items’ terminals – the corresponding electric value will be displayed on the screen. This is a great solution for those who need to take value on a regular basis. The digital multimeter cost is totally justified because this is a one-off investment that totally pays off in a long term.
Why buy in PartzStop?
Our online store offers a wide array of instruments and appliances for repair and diagnostic works. Why do customers prefer our store?
- Convenient and intuitive website. Finding a suitable instrument is not a problem anymore. You can use the search tool, sorting, and filters. All essential information is provided in the item’s description.
- Optimal prices. Find a multimeter cost that fits your budget – out catalogue is extensive enough.
- Reliable and helpful customer support will help you make an informed decision.
- Fast and safe shipping. Your order will be delivered in a few days right to your door or in the nearest mail office.
If you need professional advice and guidelines, contact PartzStop customer support – we are always glad to consult our customers.