If you run a conditioning system or the entire HVAC unit in your house, there’s a possibility to enjoy comfortable environment 24/7. However, managing appliances manually is a pain in the neck – this is exactly when a digital temperature and humidity controller becomes irreplaceable. Such a simple gimmick can save you boatloads of time and electricity, not mentioning that it creates ideal environment in any residential or industrial building.
About Digital Temperature Controls
To put it simply, this is a device that allows keeping temperature stable. It gets connected to conditioners, refrigerators, fans, humidifiers. It tracks air degrees by using in-built sensors. If the heating/cooling gets too high or too low, it will trigger the corresponding devices – they start working and restore normal degree range. There are different types of controllers: analog, limit, profile, valve motor, or general purpose – the choice should depend upon the sphere of application.
Why do we need controllers?
There are many reasons to consider a digital temp controller for residential HVAC system:
- It eliminates the need of manual control – you don’t have to waste your time. Adjust operation mode and settings once, and you will enjoy stable environmental conditions down the road;
- It allows adjusting not only cooling or heating, but humidity as well as the time of HVAC functioning;
- It does not require additional investment – make the purchase once and use the gadget for years.
The specifications depend on the selected model – each controller has its own peculiarities. However, there are some common functions:
- There are open loop and closed loop controllers available. The first one triggers conditioner operation no matter what is the output. The closed one is more sophisticated: it keeps measuring the degrees output for the better level of management and adjustment.
- Input voltage signals vary from 0 to 10VDC.
- Amperage is from 0 to 20mA or 4 to 20mA.
- Acceptable operating range is usually from -30 °C to +40 °C on average.
- Advanced units can be connected with computers or a PLC. Such models transmit the data to the software or an app.
Check out our list: it boasts a lot of digital display temperature controller options. If you need assistance with selection, don’t hesitate to contact our customer support. We will provide you will all guidelines and recommendations for making an informed decision.