A 2-pole contactor is a part with a single rest position. It is not operated manually. The product is capable of switching on, conducting, and disconnecting currents under normal circuit conditions, including operating overloads. The contactor is a powerful relay. Any relay has three main parts:
- A coil to which a control voltage is applied.
- A core. It serves as a magnet. When operating, this leads to attracting its components to each other.
- A group of contacts that change their position under the influence of the magnetic field of the coil.
Such products have two main contacts, but they do not come into contact with the device body. This allows them to protect the body. The main objective of a double pole contactor is a remote load control. It is frequently applied to power mechanisms, electric forklifts, DC machines. The device runs either compressors or motors.
Reasons That Signal Malfunctions
The following list of possible problems will help identify improper functioning. If you face one of the reasons, pay attention to a two-pole contactor.
- The smell of burning. Sometimes, the coil and wire can get burnt. It leads to a short circuit. The service staff feels an unpleasant smell.
- The load does not switch off. The voltage continues to flow to a running machine even when the part is off.
- No voltage is supplied to the load when it’s time to start the operating cycle.
- Contacts overheating. If there is poor contact between contact surfaces, an arc ignites. Due to heat, the contacts get "welded".
Note! If you deal with contactors, study a figure before starting the replacement.
Below, a wide range of high-quality products is displayed. To find the best 2-pole contactor price, scroll down. On the page, only professional devices are offered at affordable prices. Look through other sections of the online store to find other useful parts including capacitors, valves, etc.