When one needs to fix or prolong cables, electrical wire connectors become irreplaceable. This is a simple small device that’s applied for connecting leads, repairing and laying them conveniently. PartzStop offers a comprehensive range of fasteners and similar devices for you to make repair works simpler and more efficient.
Fasteners are small metal or plastic constructions applied for making low-impedance junctions with electric cables. The items are produced of fire-resistant substance, which excludes the exposure of wires to other cables or metal parts and, consequently, prevents fire and short circuit.
It goes without mentioning that fasteners allow fixing cables in the manner you need, eliminate the risk of tangling, and prevent the contact of cables.
Features and peculiarities depend, but there are some common characteristics for all models:
- They are usually produced of insulating plastic, and the junction is a tapered coil, or is an interior groove that threads inside wires and holds them.
- The metal spring is used to squeeze and keep cables;
- Continuity is sustained thanks to cable-to-cable contact, or due to the combination of insert or metal coil.
There are several kinds of devices available:
- Winged ones are installed without preliminary pre-twisting, which simplifies the installation process. They make junction safe and can be put off within a second, most of them are reusable.
- Crimp-on models are produced of metal. The crimping tool should be placed in the right manner. They make up for long-lasting connections under pressure, and cannot be re-used. Plastic insulation is used for inner covering.
- Waterproof and underground connections have silicone sealing and eliminates the damage of cables. They are put on simply but cannot be re-used. Such models are user for underground connections and buildings with damp air.
- Push-in models allow for fixing several connections, make up for quick & simple installation process, and there’s no need of twist. They add up space in the electric box and can be applied several times.
Process of attachment
Everything depends on kind of model used. In most cases, cables are preliminarily twisted, while fasteners are put over the connection. It can be gripped or closed to protect the cables.
If you are in quest of wire connectors for sale, check out our extensive catalog. We offer a decent selection of fasteners and optimal prices and will gladly help you choose suitable ones.