Electrostatic air filter is a valuable component of HVAC constructions that can capture various pollutants from the air. The filter is charged with electricity, metal (aluminum) mesh that magnetizes particles and prevents them from going any further.
Unlike their synthetic/cotton counterparts, electrostatic air cleaners for the home are produced from a precise group of metal. There are two options available: replaceable and washable. Replaceable is a superior filter to acquire because it has a higher blocking ability, and it simplifies the process of conditioner maintenance. It also features a layer of activated carbon that eliminates dangerous smoke and frugal odors.
How does Electrostatic Filters work?
When you switch on the device, your electrostatic AC filter gets charged and powered with static electricity. This process consists of ionizer and collector – the two main parts that magnetize dust and dirt. Once pollutants get trapped, they will not enter the exterior filtering layer, and thus distribute clean air. What makes this option efficient is a combination of two filtering options at once: it’s enhanced with a synthetic/cotton layer that traps tiny molecules.
A washable electrostatic air conditioner filter works by the same principle but does not have extra layers. It only attracts middle- and large-size pollutants but allows smaller contaminants through– this is a severe disadvantage and threat for people that have an allergy sensitivity to pollen, fumes, mold, etc.
Features and Benefits
There are electrostatic filters for HVAC with a different MERV rating available – from 1 to 20. There MERV rating does not stay consistent, meaning there is a large variety of filters with varying ratings of MERV all over the place.
Here are some of the features:
- They provide powerful filtration and trap harmful pollutants forever. The Models enhanced with a carbon layer can even eliminate smells and smoke. For home use, it is strongly recommended by a variety of experts and professionals to acquire a MERV-13 or lower rating option – it’s enough to ensure optimal air cleanliness without being too powerful to damage your device.
- Washable models capture dust, dirt, and some types of pollen and mold. They are eco-friendly and need to be washed regularly. You can do it as often as required to ensure optimal air quality. One model lasts about 3-5 years or even more, which makes it a very cost-efficient solution.
- They are mostly used in household conditioners and available in various dimensions.
- Their charge rises gradually due to the residues of dust collecting and gathering charges, too.
Distinct Advantages include:
- It can be washed as often as needed that results in saving money. If you clean the construction regularly, it won’t be a problem at all to maintain.
- Replaceable models have an excellent filtering ability.
- They remove disgusting and dangerous odors.
Do you want to purchase a filter just like this for your air conditioner? The choice to select the best air filter can be confusing, but there is no need to worry here at Partzstop. We know how to help and accommodate your every need when it comes to finding you the best, safest, cost-efficient, and healthiest filter. Contact our team to get professional recommendations right now.