What are Air Filters and how do they Work?
We know that filters remove particles from the environment. But how? In a straightforward explanation, it is easy to think of filters as microscopically small versions of kitchen sieves, which block larger particles from passing through while letting small particles pass through. They are made from tangled networks of fiber. This narrow, convoluted pathway lets air pass through while blocking and preventing contaminants from coming into the air.
To make our assessment of Honeywell air filters much easier, ASHRAE has provided us with a set of ratings called MERV (Minimum Efficiency Report Value). This is a handy way to compare and contrast the performance of air filters in ACs and other devices. Let’s boil this down to what a MERV rating means to us. Not only does it tell us how efficient a filter is at removing tiny particles, but it also tells us if it will promote good IAQ (Indoor Air Quality).
- 1 – 4: Minimum filtration. They do not promote IAQ. They are generally inexpensive.
- 5 – 8: They trap smaller particles and promote IAQ.
- 9 – 12: Best for allergy sufferers as they remove microbes. Promote very good IAQ.
- Above 12: Remove sub-micron particles. Promote great IAQ. They are very expensive.
The advised range for household use is from 5 to 12. The higher the number on the rating, the more efficient a filter is in removing toxins. These ratings range from 1 to 16. The lower the rating, the lesser the number of particles that get removed from the surroundings, and the air quality will be worse. Some of the typical MERV ratings of a few Honeywell products and their efficiencies are mentioned below:
MERV 6: This rating is common among filters and fairly inexpensive. They can easily remove dust, lint, and pollen. However, it is not the best for people with breathing issues, but it will keep dust out of your system. Honeywell AC filters are an excellent example of this. They can remove:
- All: Dust, lint, and pollen.
- Some: Human hair
MERV 7: A typical hardware store air filter usually has a MERV rating of 7. This means that it cannot eliminate plant spores, pet dander, dust mites, and other such minuscule particles. For Example, most Honeywell Replacement Products contain this rating.
MERV 7 can eliminate:
- All: Dust, lint, pollen, and human hair.
- Some: Pet dander and pollen
MERV 8: These Honeywell air filters will block:
- All: Human hair, carbon fibers, and pollen.
- Some: Bacteria, pet dander, and auto emissions.
MERV 10: Honeywell air filters of this rating will block:
- All: Bacteria, pet dander, and dust mites.
- It can block Certain components of Hair spray and auto-emissions.
MERV 11: Example: Honeywell POPUP2200 - Replacement Filter, 25X20”. This rating will block:
- All: Hair spray, auto emissions, and pet dander.
- It can block certain types of bacteria, mold, lung-damaging dust, cooking oil, smog, and tobacco smoke.
They can also block floating droplet nuclei from coughs and sneezes. These particles must be prevented from polluting your air, especially if you have kids or pets.
MERV 12: This type of filter is crucial if you or the people in your house have respiratory issues like asthma. They are pretty costly, but in the long run, not only do they save you a significant amount of money by helping you avoid hospital bills, medication, etc., but they provide your household with a safe environment of air-quality. Homes with elderly people and newborns should look into this as well. This Honeywell air filter can block.
- All: Human hair, pet dander, pollen, dust mites, auto emissions, and bacteria.
- Distinct Viruses
There are very few companies that offer MERV ratings above 12 since they are challenging to manufacture, and are very expensive to produce. However, Honeywell provides a brilliant line of products above 12 like the Honeywell FC200E1011 - High-Efficiency Replacement Charged Media that can help sustain a great air-quality wherever you choose to put this filter.
Specifications of the Above Mentioned Products
Honeywell POPUP2200 - Replacement Filter, 25X20” : Very easy to assemble. Very compact and easy to fit into a door frame or truck. No pleating, combs, or end capping.
Honeywell FC200E1011 - High-Efficiency Replacement Charged Media: Eliminates 97% of 3 to 10 micron particles floating. Only 2lbs in weight, so it can be easily carried around and replaced.
How is an Air Filter Different from an Air Purifier?
Air filters fall under the category of cleaners. Purifiers can create a little hydrogen peroxide mist that floats around in your home and removes contaminants actively and thoroughly, whereas a filter instantly blocks these contaminants from entering your house.
Benefits of Having a Honeywell Air Filter at Home
- It removes pollutants from vehicles and construction sites in urban environments.
- It can substantially reduce CO2 levels inside your house.
- It reduces the risk of leukemia and other cancers by reducing the amount of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- It can eliminate airborne asbestos powder which would otherwise prove very harmful to lung health.
- It traps in mesh tobacco smoke, hence reducing lung diseases and second-hand smoke.
- It can remove odors from cooking, pets, tobacco smoke, alcohol, gyms, etc.
- It blocks particulate triggers of asthma attacks like hairspray, paint products, spices from cooking, CO, etc.
Where Can You Buy Honeywell Air Filters Online?
If you’re trying to locate any of these products or more in a store in your area or online, instead of merely looking up ‘‘Honeywell HVAC filter near me,’’ it is more efficient and cost-saving to find the product you’re looking for right here on our website.
Partzstop.com provides a detailed description and all the speculations of each product from Honeywell. It also shows reviews for each product from previous customers. You can assess the quality of each product from all of these details. Keep an eye out for constant sales on our website. We provide top tier products at affordable prices. There is no better place to shop for air filters if you desire to promote the healthiest and purest form of air within your home and life.