We know that filters remove particles from the environment. But how? In a straightforward explanation, it is easy to think of filters as microscopically small versions of kitchen sieves, which block larger particles from passing through while letting small particles pass through. Filters are made from tangled networks of fiber. This narrow, convoluted pathway of fiber allows air to pass through while blocking dangerous contaminants.
Assessing the quality of this product is quite simple; there is a scale one can use called the MERV rating. This is a handy way to compare the performance of air filters in ACs and other devices. Let’s boil this down to what a MERV rating means to us. It tells us how efficient and useful a filter is at removing tiny particles. It also tells us if the filter will promote good IAQ (Indoor Air Quality).
MERV Ratings and their Efficiencies
- 1 – 4: Minimum filtration. They do not promote a worthwhile/efficient IAQ.
- 5 – 8: These filters trap smaller particles and improve sustainable IAQ.
- 9 – 12: Best for people with allergies/respiratory issues because these filters remove dangerous microbes. These filters indeed p-promote excellent IAQ.
- Above 12: Remove sub-micron particles. Promote the finest IAQ. However, they are costly.
The advised range for household use is from 5 to 12. The higher the number on the rating, the more efficient the filter is in removing toxins. These ratings range from 1 to 16. The lower the rating, the lesser the number of particles that get removed from the surroundings. The higher the rating, the higher the number of particles that get removed from the surroundings.
Honeywell offers a wide variety of filters from MERV 6 to MERV 13. They are made from the finest materials like polyester, paper, and the frames are crafted from excellent quality steel. They have a massive, stable frame and a reinforced grid. The construction of this product allows the filters to capture a high percentage of particulate matter floating in your house. They design these filters in such a way that these filters are easily interchanged. They are straightforward to assemble and very compact and easy to fit into a door frame or even a truck. They are guaranteed to last a minimum of one year with no reduction in performance and efficiency.
Benefits of Having a Media Air Filter at Home
- It removes pollutants from vehicles and construction sites in urban environments.
- It can substantially reduce CO2 levels inside your house.
- It reduces the risk of leukemia and other cancers by reducing the amount of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- It can eliminate airborne asbestos powder, which would otherwise prove very harmful to lung health.
- It traps in mesh tobacco smoke, hence reducing lung diseases caused by second-hand smoke.
- It can remove odors from cooking, pets, tobacco smoke, alcohol, gyms, etc.
- It blocks particulate triggers of asthma attacks like hairspray, paint products, spices from cooking, CO, etc.
Where Can You Buy Honeywell Air Filters for the right price and best quality?
Our shop provides a detailed description and speculation for each product within the Honeywell Media Air Filters. It also shows reviews from previous customers. You can assess the quality of the products and their details using these reviews or even our detailed description of each product. Keep an eye out for constant sales on our website; we offer a variety of discounts for specific products. We provide top tier products at affordable prices. There is no better place to shop for air filters if you’re a person who cares for your health and your family’s as well. Our shop guarantees healthy filters and healthy air for you and your family. Shop at our store now for all your HVAC needs!