A bubble level is a common tool familiar to everyone. Construction is its main scope of use. Formwork installation, finishing work, electrical outlets installation… All these works are carried out and controlled by the tool.
When using a correctly selected and adjusted building level, you can be sure that your markings and measurements are accurate and correct.
What is the tool?
The bubble level is a profiled aluminum tube, in which flasks with a spirit solution are fixed. Each of them is marked on the surface with strokes, and there is a small air bubble inside. The number of flasks can vary from 1 to 7. There are different types of tool:
- The simplest level is designed to measure only one horizon (vertical or horizontal);
- The average one has a flask with a bubble turned to 45 degrees;
- Professional goods are designed for special work. Their functionality is increased.
How to use the product?
- If you deal with horizontal surfaces, first, you need to make a mark with a pencil on the wall, where you plan to drill a hole for a dowel. To ensure that a future box will hang evenly, the place of drilling the second hole is determined using a spirit level. To do this, place the edge of the instrument to the first mark and align the bubble in the flask. Now, you can set the second mark. To make sure that the box will hang evenly, one should connect two points in a line and make a control check.
- If you deal with vertical surfaces, you’ll need the second flask of the device. This part is designed to check the flatness of plumb surfaces. For example, the quality of brickwork, plaster, drywall sheets, etc. To do this, you need to lean the tool against the surface and look at the location of the bubble. It should be exactly centered, which indicates a flat surface.
It is important to note that the vertical surface is measured so that the flask with the bubble is in the upper part. This not only simplifies the reading of the result but also reduces error magnitude.
How to read the results of the product?
The difficulty of using the tool arises when a user tries to understand what the third flask of the good is for and how to use it. To learn how to properly use the level with three flasks, you need to understand that this kind of device is designed to check the slope of the surface and draw a line at the required angle to a horizontal or vertical object. To put it simply, it is a goniometer.
If the device has the third flask, then you can find out the deflection angle of the measured surface. When working with simple models of electrician levels, you can measure an angle of 45 degrees only (since such devices are not adjustable). If a rotary mechanism with a graduation scale is installed on the product, then you can find out a precise slope indicator.