No HVAC system would function without a furnace blower motor. This is an essential part of any system, be that an air conditioner or a heater. For benefiting the maximum energy-efficiency, you should consider installing a driver from PartzStop catalog. We partner with the most well-established manufacturers in the HVAC industry.
What is HVAC motor?
A blower motor is an irreplaceable part of indoor HVAC system. It heats and blows air through the tubing. Other models are used to cool air low. The majority of modern appliances are electric ones. An AC blower motor ensures a constant circulation of air in a room. It is connected to a thermostat that measures temperature and helps to maintain this degree.
There are two types of motors:
- Single-speed models operate in one mode only and their RPM is not controlled;
- Variable-speed models allow changing the speed of rotation.
The second type is preferable because it allows regulating the power, which reduces energy bills.
Types of motors
The classification is based on constructional peculiarities. There are several major types available:
- Condenser fan. They turn gas into water and vice versa and allows varying the speed of rotation. It’s crucial to figure out the correct size of fan blades.
- Blower ones are typically installed in AC constructions and more wires than the previous model. Yet, this model is easy to remove and repair.
- ECM models feature an electronic control component. They are easier to program and customize. Advanced models allow controlling the unit from a smartphone.
- Combustion ones are installed in gas furnaces and feature only a couple of leads. They are simple in diagnostics and can be replaced without problems. This is a durable and long-lasting option.
- Compressor devices are the costliest option (and the most difficult in installation). They combine two options: start and run unit: those are connected in the common terminal. The first one renders a boost of energy for the start of the work. The capacitor regulates the power of functioning and maintains energy-efficiency.
A HVAC inducer motor is a common choice among AC owners. This a quick and energy-efficient option.
Features of each model vary. AC motors have different speed of work, RPM rate, modes, and control options.
Want to check inducer motor cost and make a purchase? Check PartzStop store – we provide a large array of gimmicks from leading brands (Lennox, Packard, Nordyne, Carrier and others).