One of necessary instruments in any household, pliers allow performing a wide range of tasks including cutting, fixing, tightening, gripping, and so much more depending on the construction of tips.
This is a device that consists of two handles and blades (clutches) that lay in a hand to be easily opened and closed. There is a large selection of different models depending on the task which should be performed. Some tools are used for cutting wires and metal rods and mesh, while others grip screws.
Types of devices
The choice of appliances is diverse and depends on what exactly should be done. The following major kinds are typically distinguished:
- Snap ring pliers have a mechanism that helps keeping a required distance between the tips.
- Side cutting models are used when one works with electricity, communications, and construction;
- Long nose models are perfect for working in hard-to-reach places, attaching wires;
- Utility models have an adjusted tip and can be used with objects of various shape;
- Diagonal ones are ideal for removing some small objects like nails;
- Slip joint gadgets typically serve to adjust some connections;
- End-cutting models are applied for removing nails and wires.
This list can go on and on: the selection of models is impressive. You should buy pliers depending on what exactly should be done/repaired.
To prevent injuries and wounds, users should follow a few safety tips: no matter what is pliers cost and quality, the instrument might be dangerous when handled incorrectly.
- Select a model with 6-9 cm grip and it will prevent pinching when the tool is closed;
- If the handgrip is not convenient, select adjustable models;
- Do not use broken tools;
- Ensure that the cutting edges do not have dirt and dust – they should be clean;
- Oil your pliers regularly – it will prolong the service life and facilitate handling;
- Do not use them with bolts, it’s risky;
- Your instruments should not be exposed to too much heat: it can destroy the parts;
- Do not bend wire using light pliers – they can be damaged by thick metal’
- Cushion grip models should not be used with electric objects to avoid electric shock.
We offer a large assortment of pliers for sale: check out our wide catalog. Don’t hesitate to contact our customer support for getting professional recommendations and guidance – we will help you make correct choice of tools.