Air conditioner relay switches are the devices that disable/enable HVAC systems depending on the environmental temperature and other preset parameters. It helps saving electricity and maintaining a proper air heating level.
How does it work?
AC relays are electronic or electro mechanic devices utilized to control an electrical circuit by closing or opening the contacts in a circuit nearby. In its usual state, a relay contact stays open (no connection is provided). When the contact closes, the connection between circuits is established, and a HVAC system turns on or off.
What exactly activates HVAC relays? The device can turn conditioners off/on automatically when a monitored window/door is left open for a pre-set timespan. Alternatively, it can be activated when a certain temperature threshold is achieved.
Basically, there are two types of relays:
- Electromechanical ones activate contacts by magnetic power. They ensure a cleaner on/off condition due to a significant distance between the contacts.
- Solid-state models have no contacts – switching is done automatically via the electronic device. They use silicon rectifiers instead. Although this is a more cost-efficient option, there might be current leakage.
Such gimmick is installed together with a HVAC system, or can be in-built. It includes wireless or wired sensors.
Features and Benefits
HVAC control relays have the following peculiarities:
- They are configurable with onboard DIP switches (the time span is up to 10 hours);
- One device can be expanded to four wired zones or be used with eight wireless sensors;
- Versatile models are compatible with the vast majority of thermostats;
- Can be installed in split A/C systems.
Why install a relay in your HVAC?
- It allows saving on electricity;
- It prevents extreme temperature fluctuations and ensures comfortable environment;
- The need of manual temperature control is eliminated.
Our catalogue features the whole gamut of air conditioner relays: choose the one that suits your conditioners and forget about issues with temperature control. Contact us if you need help with ordering or selecting a device.