If you operate a furnace, it’s crucial to maintain its integrity and ensure the ultimate safety. When the fire in the combustion chamber lacks oxygen, it might grow bigger to get more air, and escape furnace or damage it. This is where a rollout switch comes in handy.
Such device monitors temperature around the burner using heat sensors and in case of overheating, closes a furnace cover. It allows preventing fires and should be installed when:
- There’s a block somewhere in the flue pipe, which obstructs releasing of combustion gases.
- Gas cannot release a chamber because of soot built-up residues.
- Heat exchanger is broken.
How it works?
A HVAC rollout switch is installed in the furnace: it can detect flame and shut off the switch when temperature exceeds 350 degrees. Such device is typically installed in a burner box. Their round construction is designed so that the unit is sticking to the top. Metal strips at both sides have holes at further ends. The sensor is connected to internal power source, and in case of disconnection, furnace will be shut down.
There are at least three reasons to purchase and install a sensor system:
- It prevents hazardous situations without your supervision: you don’t have to control gas burning process regularly.
- It’s a cost-efficient way to reduce gas consumption. The switcher will eliminate situations when gas burning is excessively strong and can escape.
- It doesn’t take much place but plays a crucial role in sustaining absolute safety and eliminating fires, overheating, damage.
Find a suitable rollout switch in our catalog: we offer a great variety of high-quality models for different types of furnaces. Contact us to get professional consultations and make an informed decision – we are always eager to help.