If you want your instrument box to be full of necessary appliances, you should buy screwdriver. This is an irreplaceable device that serves to fix and unscrew bolts in walls and furniture. There is a large assortment of tools, and it’s important to understand which one you need.
About a screwdriver and blade kinds
To put it simply, this tool consists of a metal shaft with a flat or cross-shaped tip – the choice depends on the type of bolts handles. The shaft is wrapped in a plastic handle with anti-slipping properties. Yet, there are more than two types of blades. The most popular ones are:
- Flathead is a basic model that fits the majority of screws and is always present in any household;
- X-shape is another widespread variation that’s often used for loosening or tightening connections;
- Allen wrenches are used for furniture and are often included in the kits;
- Jewelry drivers are often applied electronics or watches;
- Ratchet models can be used with screw bits.
Aside from it, there are many electronic screwdrivers for sale. They come with a drive and are used for fast furniture assembly and repair works.
Parts of screwdrivers
As we have mentioned, such devices are designed to have two parts: a handle and the shaft with a certain blade (tip). However, the kits usually have a single handle and numerus accessories (drivers) with various sizes.
Polydrive and line models are pretty popular, as well. Some specific instruments are typically sold single. If you perform repair works on a regular basis, search for the kits with a large range of replaceable blades – that will save you a pretty penny.
If you are trying to find ‘a screwdriver near me’, you’ve come to the right place. We offers a decent selection of devices and provide professional recommendations for making informed purchase.