Being typically installed in residential houses, a single pole breaker guarantees bulletproof fire safety by monitoring voltage on 24/7 basis. It helps to prevent fires, shorting, damage of electric appliances, etc. Let’s find out why you should consider installing one if you don’t have it yet.
About Single Pole Circuit Breakers
Such construction is typically placed in utility rooms. It connects bus bars in electric panels and are placed at the spot of hot wire connection. A 1 pole circuit breaker has 120 V voltage and its amperage is 10-30 amp.
A device monitors the current going through the wiring. Whenever there is too much electric load, the risk of wire overheating appears, and connection is broken. In its turn, electric devices are switched off, which eliminates the risk of fires and shorting.
Features and Benefits
While extra functions of models might be different, some features are found in all of them:
- 120 V voltage with 15-20 amps, connects to one neutral and one hot wire;
- Models that ‘trip’ allow restoring the electricity supply by simply moving the lever. Others have trip-free release;
- Shapes differ, but single-pole models are usually slimmer than their 2-pole counterparts and occupy one slot in wiring control panel.
Type of single circuit breaker installation depends on the model and free space available. As a rule, they have spare parts for mounting included in the kit.
Why you should consider using it at your home?
- This is the easiest way to ensure fire safety at home. All you need is to install a device and set it up – the rest will be done by it.
- Investment is required only once when you buy it. No more expenses and additional purchases required.
- User doesn’t have to check wiring safety on his own (which is physically not possible). A one pole circuit breaker will keep tabs on electric current and disconnect the wiring in a jiffy in case of sudden surges.
- It’s non-expensive, and there is a wide choice of models for residential and industrial systems available.
Another strong point is versatility of circuit breakers: they can be installed in any building and operate in a wide range of temperatures (from -5 C° to 40 C°).
If you need help with the choice, don’t hesitate to contact our 24/7 customer support: we will consult you and provide professional recommendations for you to select the most cost-efficient solution.