A HVAC thermostat is device that tracks temperature and sends commands to HVAC system to adjust environmental values. When temperature exceeds lower or higher limits, unit is activated: it restores optimal degree range.
Users are free to set limits, modify turn on/off time, etc. Some models work with batteries, others – wireless. Wires are typically connected with a boiler. Programming is available in majority of models to make them adapt to users’ routine.
Why air conditioner thermostat is recommended for all houses?
- Cost-efficiency. Such device is bought once, but helps to save a lot of money since heater/conditioner functions only when necessary. Periods of works are short-term, less electricity is consumed.
- Steady temperature. No matter what is weather outside, heat level in building keeps steady and comfortable. There’s no need to control it manually.
- It’s programmable. You can set timer and enjoy comfy air: there is myriad of options available in units.
- Improve zone heating. User can select zones to be cooled or heated to maintain certain temperature ranges – smart home systems allow choosing them partially.
- Optimize HVAC. Use of sensors and controllers helps boost service life.
Several options are available, classification is based on media that senses heat:
- Bimetallic strips are pieces of metal melting into one another. They connect electrical circuit to the whole heating system. When strip heats excessively, metal molecules expand, signals are sent via electric circuit.
- Gas-filled bellows. Previous sensor option takes much time to heat, their sensitivity is pretty low. Gas-filled containers make air respond to changes better: when gas expands, it makes discs move apart.
- Wax air conditioner thermostat is activated when wax melts and changes its aggregate state. Such models are often applied in showers, automobile engines, radiators. This option is more reliable and long-lasting than alternatives.
How to choose the Right Thermostat?
Prior to purchasing a HVAC thermostat, you should take into account a few crucial options. If you want ideal temperature at home, select ‘smart’ options – they are integrated in HVAC systems flawlessly. Wi-Fi powered models allow controlling conditioners remotely. To save money, select a non-programmable device: it’s affordable but performs same sensor functions.
When it comes to choice of sensor type, it’s secondary: for home (residential) use, any material will be suitable. Wax-based models are highly recommended as most reliable ones. In commercial/production facilities, high-precision variants must be used. Typically, such devices cost $130-300 – there are myriads of models offered by market, you can find one to fit your budget.
To choose suitable thermal control system, contact our customer support team. We will inform you about available models in our assortment, help select best price/quality ratio and save when it’s possible.