Electronic timer relays are widely used in residential, commercial, industrial machinery and appliances, including HVAC systems, warning units, furnace & conditioner fans dispensing devices, etc. They trigger engine and stop it in pre-set timelines.
Such device allows setting up production or safety time, controlling processes and functioning. It is a combination of control circuit and output relay: contacts between them are closed or opened during certain period. Trigger signals are sent either by voltage in electric devices, or dry control switch.
Features and Benefits
Construction and features of timer relays depend on what they’re designed for. For instance, regular models for conditioners have compact dimensions (2 x 1 x 3 inches on average), can operate in a wide range of temperatures (from -40 °C to +85 °C).
Several mounting styles and terminal options are available starting from pins for socket installation, ending by hook terminals with mounting brackets located on the sides. Some models come as plug-in options with self-locking for easy maintenance and safety. Advanced units have four double contacts and drop-out relays. LED indicator is installed in majority of models.
Why it’s recommended to install time delay relays for air conditioner?
- It boosts safety of functioning, allows preventing accidents, fires, etc.
- Control over fans becomes convenient: appliances work only when required.
- It’s a cost-efficient option because idle working mode is totally eliminated.
- Mounting and terminal types are customizable: users can figure out an optimal solution without problems.
- No need for manual settings: with HVAC time delay relays, conditioners and furnaces will work only when required. Users can forget about maintenance and control.
All in all, relays are the most cost-efficient and convenient option for control of HVAC units: they make appliances work only when required by users, which cuts energy expenses and allows establishing healthy & cozy environment.
If you need help with choice of timers, contact our customer support team – we’ll be glad to assist you.