To begin with, let’s consider what a UV lamp is. The product is an artificial light source that emits an unusual glow. A neon blue color appears in the bulb due to the contact of mercury with electricity. Instead of mercury, indium, bismuth, or cadmium can be used. Its spectral range is between X-ray and visible radiation.
Types of UV Lamps
- A standard UV lamp is a gas-filled bulb with electrodes. The electric arc, that occurs when the voltage is applied, causes the vaporization of mercury.
- A bactericidal UV product is aimed at UV light disinfection. It is used to destroy harmful micro-organisms. It is also able to hold hard ultraviolet light. When working with this type of device, protect the eyes and skin.
- A quartz UV good is an electric device with mercury gas discharge. Its bulb is made of quartz glass. Its purpose is to emit ultraviolet radiation.
- A mercury-quartz UV device is used for disinfecting objects, food, surfaces, premises.
- An amalgam ultraviolet light comprises a mercury alloy with bismuth and indium. Accordingly, the mercury is in a bound state inside the lamp. This indicates a high degree of safety when unexpected actions occur.
Are UV Lamps Secure?
The radiation power and the material affect their safety. Thus, before switching on, carefully read the safety precautions and the rules for using the device. This is due to the fact that some types of lamps are able to cause burns.
Where are Lamps Used?
In most cases, such devices kill dangerous bacteria. UV goods are necessary for air disinfection, destruction of fungi, infections, bacteria, viruses, parasites. The device is the perfect UV light sterilizer.
Also, it used in medical institutions and everyday life. Many people choose the device for UV light disinfection at home. They prefer the device to ensure cleanness in a house.
Germicidal lamps help treat a number of skin pathologies and diseases caused by vitamin D deficiency. They are widely applied in cosmetology to take care of the skin. Other fields of application include a printing industry, water treatment facilities, forensics, banking, restoration, and many others.
UV lights are indispensable in terrariums for keeping some exotic animals. In greenhouses, they are used to grow certain crops.
How to choose the Device?
We know that there are 5 types of UV lamps. Now, let’s consider how to choose the product.
- First of all, decide on the purpose of the application. Different products are designed for different objectives.
- When you clearly understand what it is for, you can look through its features.
- When choosing a germicidal UV light, pay attention to the amount of energy consumed and light emitted. Other important characteristics are radiation range, power, purpose, service life.
- Also, make sure that its bulb is fully safe and no one risks having a burn.
- Compare several lamps based on their characteristics and cost.
To acquire a safe and effective ultraviolet lamp, look through the offered devices. Here, you’ll find plenty of high-quality tested goods that perfectly cope with the set tasks. The PartzStop offers a “near me” delivery. It means that the product will be delivered to you.