For a proper functioning of any gas or water system, it’s crucial to install valves – they serve as the main locking mechanism that allows controlling the flow. Want to buy such device? You need to find out which type is appropriate in your case – read on a few guidelines below. PartzStop offers the full array of water and gas actuator valve models from the leading manufacturers.
Types & applications
First, let’s find out what’s the difference between various types of constructions.
- A solenoid valve operates as an electric-mechanical unit. To put it simply, it converts electric energy into mechanic. It requires an electric current for functioning. Their features are defined by the strength of the magnetic field, regulation mechanism, and the type of fluid they are used to control. Such devices are made of brass, plastic, stainless steel or aluminum. Often, they are installed in irrigation systems, water piping. Also, there is a gas solenoid valve available for maintaining pressure.
- Water valve can be used to regulate both the flow and water temperature. Being made of the same materials as mentioned above, they are further divided into various kinds (shutoff, gate, globe, angled and straight fixing, etc.). Also, there are butterfly valves that cost less but are slower in operation (they are installed in industrial sites). Such constructions are used in residential piping, pumps, safety systems and garden sprinkles. Professional plumbers recommend using the models with ceramic discs because they resist water better and reduce the risk of leaks.
- Gas valves are an essential component of any furnace system. By opening and closing, it regulates the flow of gas in burners and other units, such as fireplaces and hot water systems. It is used to prevent gas collection and the risk of explosions. If an error is detected by a system, the valve is turned so that to prevent disasters.
When it comes to the latter, there are different types of valves used in units: manual ones, solenoid, pilot safety, and combination models.
Functions of a gas valve
First and foremost, it’s installed in the purpose of safety. They help to regulate pressure and keep in in the normal range. It works thanks to electromagnets that send a charge for mechanic motions. Its main functions are:
- Regulation of pressure in the piping by the changes in gas flow;
- Supplying of gas to the pilot light;
- Delivery of gas to the burners for further ignition;
- Safety of the entire system;
- Pressure regulation;
- Prevention of gas leaking;
- Automatic on/off turning in gas delivery systems.
Want to find a perfect combination of flawless quality and a low gas valve price? PartzStop store provides a wide choice of models from various manufacturers and for different applications. We keep adding new popular appliances to our catalog to cover all needs of our customers.
Need help with choice? Our customer support team is always in touch – contact us to make useful and informed purchases. We are here for you 24/7.