Being used in air piping systems, a furnace venter motor helps to maintain safe move of gases and their combustion. This is one of the major parts of the ventilation system, the one that puts it into action and ensures safety. In PartzStop shop, you can find reliable and efficient motors from the leading manufacturers.
What is venter motor?
This is a part we never think about until it gets broken or damaged. Alternatively called as ‘the inducer blower’, it contains a motor that moves gas in and out of furnace, and the electric compartment where connections are located. Also, there is a metal or plastic sleeve that covers the fan unit. This component allows controlling the bull of air moved through the heat exchange assembly.
Thus, its main functions are as follows:
- Movement of air through the furnace and heating ventilation piping;
- Removal of dangerous and poisonous gases, such as carbon monoxide, to avoid the contamination in house;
- Prevention of furnace clogging with soot and residues of the burning process;
- Cleaning of furnace prolongs its service life.
Signs of bad motors. When should you change it?
How to find out whether a blower motor is malfunctioning? As a rule, it starts making some strange sounds when being switched on. As a rule, failing part emits a noise soon after the start of a heating cycle. It might be humming, clicking or tapping.
If the unit switches on, and the venter does not, there might be several ways to check out if something is wrong.
- Switch off the entire device and apply a voltage pen to find out if there is power before reaching the appliance.
- Take off the doors of the furnace and observe the blower motor. Is it hot? It usually means it failed starting, so there’s a problem with the draft inducer.
- If none of that works, reach the squirrel case (usually, it’s located on the left side) avoiding the sharp parts of it. Try to spin it. Does it move freely? If there’s something obstructing the movement, the draft inducer motor has failed, and should be repaired or replaced.
Replacing a venter motor is easy. You should turn off the appliance and remove the panel hiding the unit. It is usually placed in the left corner and can be removed with a couple of instruments.
Need spare parts and tools for their installation? Check PartzStop store – this is a versatile solution for all repair works. We offer a wide range of brand parts and appliances that make our life cozier and simpler.