- Minimum Duct Width: 9"
- Voltage: 120
- Amps: .5
- Hz: 60
- Watts: 30
- Recommended Max. Sq. Ft.: 1500
- Lamp Intensity at 1 meter µW/cm2: 37
- Product Warranty: 10 Years
UV-Aire uses the energy from a specially designed, high-intensity UV-C lamp to reduce microorganisms in the entire home as they cycle through the HVAC system. Mounted inside the ductwork, the UV-Aire sterilizes or kills most contaminants as they pass the lamp.
The process requires very little maintenance and costs just pennies a day to operate. The UV-Aire could be one of the best health and comfort investments a homeowner ever makes.
Indoor Air Treatment With UV
UV’s effectiveness in killing bacteria is directly related to a microorganism’s exposure time. Indoor air in a typical residential forced-air HVAC system will be recirculated 40-75 times a day. With a UV generating lamp mounted in the HVAC duct, cumulative exposure can be very effective in controlling indoor bacteria.
UV rays will also kill germs that breed in drain pans and A-coils. Properly positioned, an ultraviolet system can significantly reduce indoor air contamination and prevent the growth of new microorganisms.
The treatment of indoor air with ultraviolet radiation has been successful in health care facilities, food processing plants, schools, laboratories and other applications. It is safe, silent, and proven.
Since direct exposure to UV light can cause skin cancer and blindness, the most practical application of UV light in the home or office is in the main air distribution (heating and/or air conditioning) system. As UV light will not pass through metal, glass, or plastic, a UV light can be installed in the main supply or return duct of a central heating or air system without concern for direct exposure to eyes or skin. This is an ideal location since the air in the home or office will pass through the HVAC system up to 75 times per day during normal operation, and as many as 150 times per day in continuous fan mode.
- 1. Insert the unit downstream from an A-coil in the supply plenum or downstream from the air filter in the return plenum. Mount base on duct using the enclosed mounting screws.
- 2. Insert lamp through hole. Place bracket over end of tube and tighten wing nut.
- 3. Replace cover on unit and tighten side screw.
- 4. Plug into 120V outlet & place rocker switch in “ON” position.
- 5. Switch will illuminate & blue glow can be seen through view port when unit is operating properly.
|Product Type||UV Air Purifier|
|Coverage (Sq Ft.)||1500|
|Minimum Duct Width||9"|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.