In applications where additional wiring cannot be run to your programmable digital thermostat, the Add-A-Wire accessory can be used to add a wire to the thermostat. The accessory can also be used for fixing a broken wire, to make one thermostat work like two, to add cooling to a heat-only system, or to add a common wire to a 4-wire system.
Please note that the green and yellow wires of the Diode "Y" may not be connected to the R or C terminal of the thermostat. (The function of a diode is to allow current in one direction and to block current in the opposite direction.)
This accessory works with the Venstar 1-Day Programmable Digital Thermostat, the 7-Day Programmable Digital Thermostat, and the 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Dual Fuel (each sold separately).
* Includes Yellow, Green, Blue wire splice (directionally sensitive)
* Includes 4 wire nuts
* Wires running from Add-A-Wire accessory are 9 inch long
* Maximum distance for Add-A-Wire using 18-gauge wire is 100 feet
* Makes one wire work like two
* Mounts inside equipment (not for outdoor use)
* For use with 24-volt HVAC systems
* Cannot be used as "R" power or "C" common wire.
- In applications where additional wiring cannot be run, the Add-A-Wire accessory can be used to add a wire to the thermostat. C-Wire Terminal is required
- Great for installations with a broken “common” wire or retrofits.
- Easy to install, Easier than running new wire.
- Allows 5 wire thermostats to use only 4 wires. Also allows 5 wires to work like 6 wires.
- Compatible with any 24VAC thermostat signal wiring.
|Item Weight||4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5 x 3 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||VN-ACC0410|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.